McDonald’s® Canada hires a record number 8,900+ new employees in one day
Company surpasses hiring target by almost 30% during sixth annual National Hiring Day
“We are thrilled to welcome thousands of new employees to the McDonald’s family during such an exciting time for our brand. Our new employees will gain highly sought-after skills, like problem-solving, communication, teamwork and decision-making,” said Sharon Ramalho, Chief People Officer at McDonald’s Canada. “These ‘skills for life’ are the same ones I learned behind the counter when I started as a crew member, and continue to serve me in my career, every day.”
The job opportunities at McDonald’s are as diverse as its workforce. The new recruits will hold a variety of positions including, restaurant managers, cooks, crew, and hospitality roles including the new Guest Experience Leaders working in the dining room.
By the numbers:
- 44,392: the number of people who applied for crew and management positions
- 8,920: the number of new crew and restaurant management employees hired on April 6th, 2016
- 3,018: the number of new employees hired in Ontario
- 3,471: the number of new employees hired in Quebec and the Atlantic provinces
- 2,431: the number of new employees hired in Western Canada
- 650: the number of new Guest Experience Leaders hired
About McDonald’s Canada
In 1967, Canadians welcomed the first McDonald's restaurant to Richmond, British Columbia. Today, McDonald's Restaurants of Canada Limited has become part of the Canadian fabric, serving close to three million guests every day. Together with our franchisees, we proudly employ nearly 90,000 people from coast-to-coast and approximately 85 per cent of McDonald's 1,400 Canadian restaurants are locally owned and operated by independent entrepreneurs. Of the almost $1 billion we spend on food, more than 85 per cent is purchased from suppliers in Canada. For more information on McDonald's Canada visit McDonalds.ca.
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com