All Aboard the World Taste Tour!
The McDonald’s® Canada World Taste Tour is here from June 18th to July 29th, bringing guests three new burgers inspired by international recipes, tailored to Canadians’ taste palates.
The new burgers include:
• Chinese Szechuan Burger: topped with crispy wontons and a unique Chinese Szechuan Sauce crafted for Canadian tastes (June 18 – July 1)
• Italian Pesto Chicken: with pesto aioli sauce, shaved parmesan and arugula on a toasted focaccia bun topped with rosemary (July 2 —July 15)
• Aussie BBQ and Egg: topped with a freshly cracked egg, beet chips and creamy, smoky BBQ sauce on a brioche-style bun (July 16 – July 29)
Each of the World Taste Tour menu items is developed and tested by our menu innovation team to create delicious offerings we know our Canadian guests will love, but with an international twist.
To celebrate, we bottled a limited amount of the Chinese Szechuan Sauce (no, this is not the same Szechuan sauce that was for purchase in the US - it’s a uniquely Canadian recipe), the hero ingredient of the Chinese Szechuan Burger, and shared it with select media and celebrities in Canada.
The Chinese Szechuan Sauce is not for sale in McDonald’s restaurants, but all guests can try it on the Chinese Szechuan Burger at participating McDonald’s restaurants across the country, while supplies last. Guests will also have the chance to win their own bottle of the sauce, through a contest on the Daily Hive.
Additionally, one lucky eligible Canadian resident can win a trip of their choice to either Italy, China or Australia for them and three friends or family members through the My McD’s® app from June 18, 2018 to July 29, 2018. To enter the My McD’s App World Taste Tour Contest, eligible guests 13 years of age and over need to simply do the following during the six-week Contest period:
• 1 entry = Redeem any offer within the My McD’s app
• 1 entry = Complete a Mobile Order on the My McD’s app
• 2 entries = Redeem any offer within a completed Mobile Order transaction on the My McD’s app
The more offers redeemed or mobile orders completed, the more chances they have to win!
Note that this Contest does not include McDelivery (ordering via Uber Eats app) as a method of entry.
Full Contest details can be found at mcdonalds.ca, including no purchase entry.