McDonald’s Canada Update on Restaurants Re-Opening for Take-Out and Dine-In Service
In mid-May, McDonald’s Canada announced its plan for welcoming guests back into its restaurants, beginning with the reintroduction of take-out service. The test started with 30 test locations across the country outfitted with new protective measures to monitor and adapt for our restaurants nationally. We have seen the success of these measures and are continuing to evolve, as needed, and are now opening take-out service in restaurants increasingly across the country.
Where provincial regulations allow, some restaurants have opened dining rooms using a similar, gradual approach and we have been working closely with franchisees and local authorities every step of the way. Drive-Thru and McDelivery® remain available at participating locations across the country.
In addition to our existing high standards of cleanliness, restaurants will demonstrate our Safety+ commitment, which includes enhanced safety measures to ensure every part of the McDonald’s experience is safe for our guests and employees. These are some of the changes guests will experience in restaurants:
- Hand sanitizer dispensers available inside the restaurant
- High-touch surfaces and guest tables will be kept clean and sanitized
- Floor markers to help guests keep their distance from one other
- Front counters are fitted with protective screens
- Clearly marked tables for dine-in to respect physical distancing
- The number of guests permitted inside a restaurant at one time will be limited based on restaurant size. This also applies to outdoor seating spaces
- Employees will wear gloves for taking payment and serving guests, and wear masks at all times while working in the restaurant. For everyone’s safety, we encourage guests to wear a mask or face covering when using our premises. In certain regions, masks or face coverings must be worn where required by public health authorities
- Contactless payment options are available at the restaurant, and guests can also order using the McDonald’s mobile app and pay on their phone
Through this transition, McDonald's Canada has and will continue to operate in line with advice from public health authorities and all levels of government to ensure all changes are made responsibly, and at the appropriate time. Maintaining the health and well-being of our crew and guests is our top priority, and we will continue to monitor and adapt measures, where necessary.
For more information on how McDonald’s Canada is responding to COVID-19, please visit our Newsroom. To find out if a restaurant near you is open, please use our Restaurant Locator at mcdonalds.ca